Irving’s management and technical team, in conjunction with its partners, are working to advance its existing portfolio of projects and to find new gold and silver projects in Japan.
In addition to the alliance with Newmont, in September 2019 the Company signed a letter of intent with Sumitomo Corporation to engage in discussions concerning potential business transactions including, but not limited to, investment in Irving and joint venture of Irving GK’s projects.
In addition to Omu, the Company’s other projects consist of:
- Utanobori: 121.55 km2 of prospecting license applications located approximately 30 km northwest of the Omu Project where historic samples of epithermal veins reportedly contain very high grades of silver (+1,000 gpt) and lesser gold.
- Shimokawa: 48.5 km2 of prospecting license applications located approximately 25 km SW of the Omu Project in Shimokawa, an area prospective for hot spring epithermal gold mineralization.
- Engaru: 84.42 km2 of prospecting license applications covering an area a few kilometres south of the historic Konomai gold field near the town of Engaru.
- Rubeshibe: 188.80 km2 of prospecting license applications located approximately 60 km southeast of the Omu Project in an area where epithermal gold and silver veins appear associated with late-stage rhyolite domes that have intruded intermediate and felsic volcanic rocks belonging to a broad volcanic graben.
- Eniwa: 56.15 km2 of prospecting license applications located approximately 20 km south of the city of Sapporo around the historic Koryu and Eniwa mines, both of which exploited high-grade epithermal gold and silver veins.
- Sado: 86.53 km2 of prospecting licenses located on Sado Island which is host to the Sado Kinzan gold mine (Mitsubishi Materials Corporation) and around 30 smaller mines.
All prospecting license applications have been accepted by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (“METI”), Hokkaido and Kanto Bureaus with a multi-step review underway for the final approval.
For further information, please review the Company’s website and corporate presentation, along with its public disclosure which can be found on SEDAR.